I track 'Mae rps' and 'Maerps'.
I would really like to see an au RP where the admin have changed one specific thing in the plot (I’m not sure if they have a name?). Like, for a Harry Potter RP, what if Harry had been sorted into Slytherin? Or, for a Glee RP, what if the Glee club had never been re-established? Or, for a Ten Wolf RP, what if Stiles had been bitten instead of Scott?
I just find those kind of plots really interesting, you get to explore the characters you love but see them in new and interesting plots.
Applying tip: When you are asked to write a para sample, to make sure it has the desired effect there are a few things you should always do to make sure it has the best effect to your benefit:
- 4-5 paragraphs is a good length: Most roleplays ask you to make your para sample at least three paragraphs long. By writing 4-5 you show that you are willing to put in the effort it takes when writing paras, and that you don’t just write the needed amount to “get it over with”.
- Always write for the character you are applying for: The para sample is for the admins to see how well you will be writing if they accept you. Now, how are they supposed to judge how well you will write for this particular character, if your sample is about someone else?
- Include dialogue: By including dialogue you won’t just be showing how you see the character act and live their life, you are also giving a short peek into how you portray their voice, which is important for them to see how you will treat gif chats etc.
- Don’t include playable characters: If you include characters playable in the roleplay the admins may be distracted and focus on that character instead. For your para you want the admins to focus on your character and no one else.
- Use third-person perspective, past tense: This is usually the preferred perspective to read in, and if you are going to para with other players, this will be the easiest to use for understanding.
I WILL DO IT! I just need time and stuff. And if you want I am free for a makeover. And I think you’re a doll.<3
I REALLY DON’T MIND! Aw and I think you’re awesome-sauce<3
I WAS GOING TO DO THIS WHOLE BIG THING FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY BUT SHIT GOT IN THE WAY
AW THATS OKAY LOVELY. THANK YOU FOR THINKING ABOUT ME!
Anyone want to do a main theme makeover as a birthday gift?
I’ll give you cake.
Has anyone got their theme makeovers open or are just willing to do one?
How to make this:
Requested by: faraamir
Please like/reblog if this helped!
W R I T I N G N O N B I N A R Y C H A R A C T E R S
In my opinion, this guide is long overdue. Many “how to play an LGBT+ character” guides are written by cishets based off of incorrect knowledge, poor research, and a general lack of understanding.
A lot of admins and roleplayers, as well as writers in general, have expressed interest in creating and playing nonbinary character but are either afraid of being offensive or are actually offensive. So, I will go through several sections not only on how to play these characters but about nonbinary people in real life.
This is a very personal subject and everyone experiences their own trans-ness differently.
While this guide might seem very long, I feel like I’ve barely touched on a lot of the stuff I wanted to discuss. I encourage further research and I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
*TW: Dysphoria, transphobia, racism, anatomy/genitals, violence, murder, suicide, mental illness*
BACKSTORY SUGGESTIONS - LET'S BE ORIGINAL PART 2!
» as promised, here’s part two of… idk in the let’s be original! series. under the cut, you will find four more interestingly different backgrounds/personalities/whatever you’d like to call them that should be more used in rp. again, there’s no need for credit, because although these did come from my noggin, you’ll need to use yours to bring them to life!